News:

Update to the forum rules are here
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Main Menu

YouTube Ad blocker warning

Started by KittyGalore, October 26, 2023, 10:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KittyGalore

Youtube is now cracking down on ad blockers i now can't watch any video without having to turn off my ad blocker. Does anyone know a way around it?

KittyGalore

spapaars

Youtube is now cracking down on ad blockers i now can't watch any video without having to turn off my ad blocker. Does anyone know a way around it?
Have the same problem. You can purchase a subscription to watch commercial-free.
But that's impossible if you're banned, like me.

KittyGalore

Have the same problem. You can purchase a subscription to watch commercial-free.
But that's impossible if you're banned, like me.
How did you get banned?

spapaars

How did you get banned?

Probably by posting clips from reality shows (no nudity) that the owner (TALPA) wasn't happy with. (They give forbidden content   as reason) Same thing happened to other YT posters who did the same thing as me.
That's why I'm now putting them on Streamable.

loq

It's strange, but I don't have that. Although I use uBlock Origin... Although the filters there have been slightly modified by our Russian smart guys (or, to be more precise, just one... and I found it on YouTube a year ago) and everything works so far  hmmm

Well, or I don't understand something, then I'm sorry if I didn't understand everything correctly, and how everything was translated into Russian  hmm:

Orb

I've been using Ublock Origin for years and never had that problem. No issues with Brave's inbuilt ad-blocker either. I use that most of the time these days.

Brave's mobile app is great because as well as the ad blocking there is a setting to let the audio from YouTube (and any other site) play in the background while you use other apps.

Masqui

I've been using Ublock Origin too

xcvbsdfg

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginProbably by posting clips from reality shows (no nudity) that the owner (TALPA) wasn't happy with. (They give forbidden content  as reason) Same thing happened to other YT posters who did the same thing as me.
That's why I'm now putting them on Streamable.
Streamable doesn't take down any of your vids?  or just doesn't ban you?

spapaars

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginStreamable doesn't take down any of your vids?  or just doesn't ban you?
The others were posting so many videos a day it was almost semi-live.
I do 1 or 2 short ones a week, maybe that's why it hasn't been removed by request (yet).

monkeyextension

They will sometimes turn the ad-blocker-blocker off for individual users after a few days

carrotguy

YouTube Premium is becoming tempting but the price is a bit much IMO.

pucko3apa

I went for premium to get rid of ads,

Hoolio79

I tried alot of different combos. Ublock works fine, but speed seems to be very limited which is annoying for watching livestreams. The best combo I have found is actually Edge, and ublock. Its faster than Firefox which is what I normally use.

bbfan25

Ublock and Adblock and AdtubeGuard i use to block them pesky ads

Kirsten

Ublock works for almost all Youtube videos for me.

VilasMolari

They just began another way to punish adblockers.  After 3 secs of video play, the video jumps to the end.  Has happened to me about 10 times the last week.  But reddit has U.S. people where it's almost every video.

If youtube didn't bundle the music subscription, i would have no problem paying for it.

alexram

tiodormido666

I use Brave web browser, no problems with ads on YouTube. 

Christoph2703

I use Firefox and ublock origin and never had any problems