News:

Update to the forum rules are here
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Main Menu

Feedback about the new upgrade to SMF 2.1 version.

Started by KittyGalore, February 26, 2022, 03:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KittyGalore

I really thought that members here might try and create an account on the test site to see what they thought it's one thing looking as a guest but it's another thing to be a member and look at your profile and go to look at the post settings and so on. If i updated today tomorrow or whenever and then i discovered users weren't happy about things then it will be too late. That's why i thought i would post about it and see a few members joining and seeing what they thought about but looks like no one cares regardless what i do. When i changed hosts there was a lot of issues with members logging in and so on. I also want to see if this is the case with the other test site as well but if no cares then i might as well upgrade and if no one cares then i certainly won't when they come running about issues they have.

KittyGalore

This is what the forum would look like if i upgraded.

spapaars

It looks like it was typed with a typewriter.
cold colors.

Danj

This is what the forum would look like if i upgraded.

Kind of feels like it is scrunched up in the middle of the page there, I prefer the wider format we have at the moment.

KittyGalore

Kind of feels like it is scrunched up in the middle of the page there, I prefer the wider format we have at the moment.
What is scrunched up? Please let me know.

Danj

What is scrunched up? Please let me know.

It's just not as wide as the current version is what I mean. Feels like there is more unused space on each side.

KittyGalore

It's just not as wide as the current version is what I mean. Feels like there is more unused space on each side.
Is this for PC or mobile/phone. I don't know how to change the forum width on the new version i can do it on this version.

Danj

Is this for PC or mobile/phone. I don't know how to change the forum width on the new version i can do it on this version.

This was on my PC, I haven't tried it on my phone.

KittyGalore

Could i ask if you post a screenshot of what you see. I'll be honest my believe is that the layout is the same so i'm curious as to what you see here is what i can see on PC.

KittyGalore

What about now i actually discovered a mod was made to change it so i have the setting back in the forum settings. I changed the width.

Danj

What about now i actually discovered a mod was made to change it so i have the setting back in the forum settings. I changed the width.

On the current forum the width is set to 90%, however on the new one it seems like this is being overridden by a max-width: 1200px setting.

KittyGalore

On the current forum the width is set to 90%, however on the new one it seems like this is being overridden by a max-width: 1200px setting.
Yes because i made it wider because you said there was a lot of space.

KittyGalore

I've put a request in for someone on SMF to create this theme for 2.1 if successful i will upgrade when it's available.

Danj

Yes because i made it wider because you said there was a lot of space.

Maybe some screenshots will illustrate it better, I've attached some to this post.

KittyGalore

Maybe some screenshots will illustrate it better, I've attached some to this post.
What browser are you using i see the space you are referring to.

spapaars

Danj

What browser are you using i see the space you are referring to.

Firefox. Zoom is set to 100% and I don't have any display scaling set up in Windows either. Display resolution is 1920x1080.

KittyGalore

Firefox. Zoom is set to 100% and I don't have any display scaling set up in Windows either. Display resolution is 1920x1080.
What i see with the zoom at 100% Firefox on PC.

Danj

What i see with the zoom at 100% Firefox on PC.

This is because your resolution is only 1366x768. Try plugging your computer into a Full HD monitor or TV and you will see the difference.

KittyGalore

This is because your resolution is only 1366x768. Try plugging your computer into a Full HD monitor or TV and you will see the difference.
I don't even know how i would go about fixing this i thought i was on a higher resolution.