News:

Update to the forum rules are here
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Main Menu

Language Selection

Started by KittyGalore, January 08, 2020, 06:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KittyGalore

Everyone can set their own language to read on the forum however i would prefer everyone Posts in English. If anyone wants any language installed and added to the list in your profile let me know i have added a good few but not sure what language anyone would want. Please i would advise everyone to post in English but you can view the forum in your own language. The setting is under ACCOUNT SETTINGS in your profile.

KittyGalore

Update to all members currently i have to disable everyone having the option to set their own language i discovered new members have Chinese as their default language and some aren't changing it.  Until i find what's wrong it will remain disabled and i can't set any languages for anyone when it's off as i checked

KittyGalore

I think i fix it there is more English types installed and the English i was using was ISO-8859-1 however when i installed SMF i set it as UTF-8 Character so i enabled that English i just registered a test account and English seems to be default now.

KittyGalore

For any new members in the last few months you can select English as your default language for some strange reason it's Chinese simplified. But you can change it to English or a language of your choice in your profile if you can't or don't know how let me know here is an example of a recent member who joined.

KittyGalore

I've changed to another English language which should have been on as default anyway not sure what changed it to the old English setting. I checked some new members now and seem to be ok everyone can check for themselves if they wish.